Working with a slow data connection on your phone, whether you have an iPhone or an Android device, is highly inconvenient. In addition, when you’re trying to watch your video or look up some vital information, it’s easy to become frustrated when the internet service doesn’t meet your expectations.
A slow data connection is usually only temporary because of location or network congestion. However, it can last for hours or even days at times.
Before we get into the solutions, let’s look at what’s causing your Android phone’s slow internet speed.
- Lousy Connection: A bad connection is the most common cause of slow internet on your smartphone. You will notice a decrease in internet speed if your network has a lot of traffic or if there is a problem with your network service provider.
- Full Browser Cache: If the browser cache is complete, it will perform slowly. Because it affects internet speed.
- If Too Many Apps are Open: Having too many tabs open in your browser can slow down your internet connection.
- Network Setting: Network settings on your phone can cause such problems. Either you changed something in the settings menu by accident, or something changed automatically after the update of your phone, slowing down the internet.
Before contacting your mobile carrier’s technical support, try the following simple steps to see if they resolve your slow mobile data issues.
This old technique is often the best way to resolve various phone issues, including connection issues in some cases. Simply restarting your phone can help free up memory and improve your connection. If you frequently experience slow connections in certain areas, such as inside buildings or at home, try restarting the device in those areas to see if it helps.
The method for doing so will differ depending on the phone model.
Many physical factors can contribute to slow LTE or 5G speeds. For example, your signal will most likely be poor if you’re in a remote area or surrounded by natural barriers. Try to relocate to a more leveled area. The same is true when you are inside a building. You may be in the middle of a densely populated urban area with full bars on your device and wonder why your data becomes so slow when you enter specific structures.
Try moving if you’re experiencing data speed issues that started only in one location. You might have to leave the building or drive a few miles away. While this is inconvenient, it is an excellent way to fix your internet speed problem.
Toggling your phone’s Airplane Mode on and off may sometimes work. This feature disables cell signals to your device, which can be helpful if you’re in an area with poor service or if your phone keeps disconnecting. Of course, remember to turn it off when you enter a location with better service; otherwise, it will prevent you from receiving calls.
Smartphones have a built-in Data Saver or Low Data Mode to help reduce data usage. This mode is handy if you want to save data, but if you enable it without realizing what it does or accidentally allow it, it can cause your phone’s internet to slow.
- Go to the phone’s Settings and select Connections.
- Go to Data Usage and select Data Saver from the drop-down menu.
The most common way to lose internet speed is to use network-intensive applications. You have two choices in this situation. You can uninstall the applications or disable their background data usage to reduce bandwidth usage.
- Open the Settings app and select Connections from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on Mobile Data Usage after going to Data Usage.
- You can see how much data each application uses in this section. First, choose the application that uses the most data.
This will prevent the app(s) from accessing data in the background.
If you haven’t cleared the browser cache in a long time, the browser you’re using could be the source of the problem.
It’s crucial to keep track of the cache files. This is because it affects the browser’s performance and speed. Unfortunately, if there are too many cache files, it can cause problems. So, if you want to boost the speed of your phone’s internet, clear the browser cache.
Several factors influence the speed of your Android phone service. You can fix your phone’s internet speed using the methods mentioned above. But, of course, if your phone’s data connection has always been slow or has even been lost for no apparent reason, it’s time to visit a shop for phone repair services.