Qualities to look for in a driving instructor
When learning to drive, selecting the right instructor can be a make-or-break decision. The driving instructor will guide you throughout the process, which requires good communication, patience and determination.
So, to be successful, you have to find the right fit. Below we have listed some notable qualities that a good driving instructor Lewisham should possess.
DVSA stamp of approval: you have to be sure that your driving instructor is legit. They must have passed the official instructor training programmed. Be aware of the fraudsters that call themselves qualified driving instructors. There are two types of instructors PDIs (potential driving instructors) who are part-way through their training program and ADIs who are DVSA-approved instructors and are fully qualified.
Experience: if your instructor has an approved license, it means they have trained many people to get their license approved. This indicates that they have all the necessary skills to teach every learner with various needs. People who have been in this field for a long time to know the local test routes and examiners.
Patience: While learning to drive, you cannot get everything right for the first time. It is really important for your learning progress that you and your Driving Instructor Lewisham are understanding and patient. Someone who cannot accept your mistakes at the start and gets annoyed or frustrated straightaway will get your morale down and make things worse. No matter what happens, your instructor should always remain calm in this situation, and you should feel bad for making a mistake, aftercall it is how we learn and improve.
Friendly and approachable: it is not important that you need to be best friends with your instructor, but it will certainly help if you both get along. You don’t want to be in a car with a person who is not approachable, and you want someone who can put you at ease. They have to work with many people, so they need to be outgoing and socially adaptable. Moreover, you should never underestimate the power of small talk; chatting with your instructor can calm your nerves and make you enjoy your lessons.
A teaching style that suits you: some people are verbal learners, some people are visual learners, and some like to learn by experience. Every learner learns according to their preferred learning style, so you need to find the one that matches your learning style. Someone who creates and works to make the learning atmosphere a warm place, ensuring they will be fully invested in their student’s progress.
Ability to communicate clearly: make sure the driving instructor communicates well so you may know how well you are learning and how well you are doing it. As the process involves making mistakes while learning new things, acknowledging them and then learning from them, it is useless to have a driving constructor who does not communicate accurately and describe your progress.
Things you will learn in a driving school.
- Theoretical driving lessons: these classes tell you about the regulations of the law, review the traffic signs, and what you will be doing in the practical courses. Furthermore, when you complete your course, driving school Greenwich will provide you with all the material you need to prepare for the exams to get your driver’s license.
- The right position and curves: although it sound awkward, some people don’t know how to sit upright and correctly while driving. That is why the first thing driving school teaches you is to sit properly. Not only that, but they will also teach at which speed you should take turns.
- Driving with a conscience: driving with a conscience emphasizes the importance of safety, the commitment that driving represents, and respect for traffic laws.
Why should you learn from a professional driving school?
These days it is extremely important to know how to drive, requiring proper training. And in order to learn properly, one should learn from a professional driving school as it can:
- Help you get familiarized with the basics of learning
- Help you master driving skills with the help of expert trainers and course structure.
- They will help you become a responsible, confident and skilled driver.
- They have the best training curriculums and technology
- They will get you through difficult driving situations like for or rain, giving learners a first-hand experience of different driving situations and conditions, they might face.
- With driving school Greenwich, you can choose the course that suits.